Kids Yoga Teacher Training
December 7-8, 2019
Mass Motion Dance – Medfield, MA
Our 18-hour course gives you the skills and confidence to learn how to teach yoga and mindfulness to children.
Join us for an immersive two-day Kids Yoga Teacher Training. Learn how to connect and teach kids yoga, while having fun and finding your inner child! Our teacher training is perfect for anyone who loves children. Our comprehensive training focuses on yoga, mindfulness, and the social-emotional development of children. Graduates will leave our training equipped with new tools to create engaging and captivating yoga experiences for kids of all ages.
In this training, you will:
• Participate in (demo) yoga classes for early childhood, middle childhood and teen/tweens.
• Understand the union of child development and yoga.
• Prepare and Present your own lesson plan with constructive feedback.
• Learn age-appropriate meditation and relaxation.
• Adapt programming for the setting and children you care for
• Join a private group of graduates to stay connected, get advice, and share your joys of teaching.
Those interested in leading yoga programming for children are taught to create dynamic curriculum to stimulate, empower, calm and strengthen our next generation. Learn child development, classroom management, understanding praise and other relevant theories and practices regarding yoga and education. Graduates will leave training with the tools to help children connect with the world around them.
Who is this course for?
Our signature Kids Yoga Teacher Training is for anyone who loves children and teens! This training is perfect for those looking to bring the benefits of yoga to children. Whether you are an educator looking to bring yoga into the classroom or a parent looking for a new way to connect with your child, our teacher training is for everyone!
This is ideal for educators, clinicians, childcare workers, parents, and anyone that loves children and teens.
We work with:
- school admin
- daycare providers
- yoga teachers
- people wanting to teach kids yoga
- kids yoga teachers
- pediatric clinicians (nurses, doctors, PTs)
- social workers, OTs, ABAs
Mass Motion Dance
120 N Meadows Rd
Medfield, MA 02052
Burning Wheel Yoga
120 N Meadows Rd
Medfield, MA 02052
*Note: Part of the training will be held next door at Burning Wheel Yoga
Saturday, Dec 7: 10am-7pm
Sunday, Dec 8: 10am-7pm
Early Bird (until Nov 1): $425
"I attended the Flow and Grow Yoga teacher training this past weekend with Lara, and not only learned valuable skills about teaching yoga in a classroom setting, but I also learned about child development and techniques for my own classroom or private practice. The weekend was fun, exciting, and engaging allowing everybody to shine through in their area of interest!"
- Ava D.
What you'll learn:
- Benefits of teaching yoga and mindfulness to children
- A deeper understanding of childhood development and how that applies to teaching
- A comprehensive framework for teaching instruction of poses, songs, games, activities, and partner poses
- How to use storytelling, literacy, art, music and props to incorporate yoga philosophy
- Classroom management skills
- Application of teaching yoga in the classroom, studio, or home settings tailored for various age groups
- How to develop and sequence fun children’s and family yoga classes
- The business side of kids yoga: how to increase your earning potential
Graduates receive a 55-page training manual that is full of invaluable information to further your professional development and to encourage your collaboration with others.
In addition, graduates are invited to our FGKY Facebook Graduates Group, so you can continue to learn and connect with like-minded yogis!
This past weekend I graduated the Flow & Grow Kids Yoga Teacher Training in Oakville, Ontario. It was a wonderful and magical experience. There was so much to learn. Lara has so much experience and knowledge. All questions were answered and much more. The manual is included in the course and is very well written. I know I will be reading it again as it has a lot of info. I’m so grateful to have been taught by Lara.
I just finished Flow & Grow Kids Yoga Teacher Training this weekend and Lara was so magical and her course was amazing! The vibe was lovely and the amount of knowledge that was shared was not only incredible for my own career, but for bringing home to my own family. I highly recommend Lara’s workshop as it was one of the best training sessions I have ever experienced. Thank you again Lara! You rock!
- Kristen L.