4-week course (August 6-August 18)
Thursdays, 5:00PM-8:00PM | August 6, 11, 13, 18
Supporting families and early childhood professionals– pregnancy through preschool with yoga, mindfulness, and postural techniques
We focus on preparing parents, educators, yoga instructors, and enrichment professionals alike to do yoga with young children in educational settings AND to facilitate child-caregiver yoga classes as well. During the course, you will learn insights on child development and how to apply those practices at home, in the yoga studio or in the classroom.
Then, we will dive into components of teaching a class including how to work with babies, infants and preschoolers and learning age-appropriate yoga postures, poses, and holds. Finally, we learn how to plan and present a class, complete with lesson plans and templates.
What are participants saying?
“It’s crazy how things line up. For me, I had no idea I’d be sitting here with you, taking a teacher training. Blows my mind in so many ways. So, I’m just glad you’re here and doing what you do. It’s helping me as a mom, a parent, a teacher, in yoga in general, in self-care. So yeah, thank you!”
We will learn:
- Yoga Philosophy: a foundation for how to THINK about parenting and teaching, and how to relate to young children
- Mindfulness: learn how to seamlessly incorporate mindfulness into your life – illustrated, explained, experienced, reflected on, and connected to by YOU
- Postural Holds: how to hold babies and toddlers so they get appropriate input (stimulus) while saving your back, wrists, and hands
- Child Development: womb through age 5
- Guided Relaxation: meditation, and cozy time activities
Mindful Beginnings teaches parents, early childhood educators, and enrichment professionals how to do yoga and mindfulness
Learn to work in various settings:
- In the home
- Yoga studio
- Educational settings
You will get:
- Mindful Beginnings Manual (a $100 value)
- Access to the recorded class
- Access to our exclusive Flow and Grow Facebook Community)
- Contact Hours YACEP/RCYT
Who is this course for?
This 4-week course is designed for educators, yoga teachers, parents, therapists, counselors, psychologists, or anyone who works with infants, toddlers or preschoolers.
- computer access with camera, microphone
- a doll or stuffed animal to teach baby yoga
- a joyful heart!
This is an online course, part of Flow and Grow 95-Hour Online Children's Yoga Teacher Training RCYT.
Trainees may wish to take this course individually or as part of the entire training package.