Warrior 2 is a standing pose that strengthens your legs and core while opening your hips. In this powerful stretch, we like to think about inner power and what makes you powerful. In addition to physical power, this pose increases your ability to concentrate. As you stretch your arms, try gazing over your fingers to see clearly into the present moment. All distractions will disappear as you become focused on just this pose.
Encourage children to unleash stand in their power - yell a warrior chant!
Pose: Warrior II
Mantra: I stand in my power
- Begin in Mountain Pose. Take in a deep breath and relax.
- Then, on an exhale, step your left foot back. Straighten and extend your left foot to where it feels comfortable. Make sure both heels are aligned.
- Point your right foot straight in front of you.
- Bend your right knee, stacking it directly over your right ankle. Straighten your back leg.
- Extend your right arm straight over the right leg and left arm straight over the left leg.
- Relax shoulders and breathe gently in and out. Embody the strong warrior within.
- Does this pose make you feel powerful?
- What else makes you powerful?
- Can you make a warrior's call in this pose?
- Strengthens legs
- Opens hips
- Improves circulation
- Energizes the entire body